YEAR 5 COMPUTING . . . LET'S HAVE FUN!
Hello Year 5! I hope you are well and staying safe.
Please remember, you need to stay safe electronically as well!
This year's Safer Internet Day (9.2.2021) is,
'An Internet We Trust: Exploring Reliability in the Online World'.
Please explore the links below and choose one 15 minute activity to do.
- ThinkuKnow have a selection of great 15 minute home activities (including cartoons) for all ages. Please click HERE.
- For more fun activities, specifically linked to this year Click HERE.
- CLICK here to go to our E-Safety webpage for more tips on how to stay safe electronically.
- Extra Activity: You could write your own blog or make a video, animation or poster.
- Click here (to save scrolling down) to continue your lessons on programing hardware with Mr Bit.
- Parents click here for Mr Bit's program, it is now FREE.
- Click here to take you to the video on how to access SCRATCH ONLINE.
- Parents/Carers to download SCRATCH 3.0, so your child can work offline, CLICK HERE NB
- Click here to make a Space Invader/Egyptian Game
- Click here to save scrolling down to make a Solar System Game
- Click here to learn how to make a fun educational game in SCRATCH
PLENTY TO DO ON MR BIT, PLENTY OF EXERCISES, PLENTY OF FUN. . .
Dr Rodgers, who designed 'Mr Bit', has now provided the program as a FREE DOWNLOAD for all PC and
Watch this video to show you how to either download SCRATCH 3.0, or to create a document online, then save it to your device.
SPACE/EGYPTIAN INVADER GAME
- CLICK HERE TO GET THE PDF LESSONS 1-4
- IF YOU CAN NOT OPEN THE ABOVE LINK CLICK HERE TO OPEN IN MS PUBLISHER.
- One child adapted this game by making his own Covid19 red sprite and replacing the cannon sprite with a hand sanitizer bottle, it is great. When he has finished, I will upload his video.
- Please do not duplicate your beetle sprite until you have seen the challenges.
WATCH MY WAGOLL - REMEMBER THIS HAS ADDITIONAL CHALLENGES YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO, LIKE A STARTER AND WINNER SCREEN.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO BELOW, TO WATCH LESSON ONE, PAGES 1-2.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO BELOW, TO LEARN HOW TO DO LESSON ONE, PAGES 3 AND 4.
Video for Lesson 2
Making and Coding a Laser for your game (video to be follow)
Look below and learn how to make a fun, Solar System in SCRATCH, there are videos to show you how to do lesson 1 and 2.
SOLAR SYSTEM GAME
CLICK ON THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE HOW TO COMPLETE LESSON 1.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE MY FINISHED SOLAR SYSTEM IN SCRATCH
A video on how to complete Lesson 2, with challenges will follow tomorrow 3.3.21
LOOK BELOW FOR SOME FABULOUS COMPUTING ACTIVITIES, SCROLL DOWN THERE ARE LOTS . . .
Hand Jive Files:
Going Wild Files:
MORE COMING SOON!
. . .