YEAR 5 COMPUTING . . . LET'S HAVE FUN!
Hello Year 5! I hope you are well and staying safe.
Please remember, you need to stay safe electronically as well!
SAFER INTERNET DAY THIS YEAR IS "TUESDAY 8TH FEBRUARY, 2022"
ALL FUN AND GAMES? EXPLORING RESPECT AND RELATIONSHIPS ONLINE.
- Click here for Barefoot 2022 Internet Safety Activities for Parents/Families (Free Registration - great activities)
- Click here for the ThinkuKnow website which has a selection of great 15 minute home activities (including cartoons) for ages from 4-13.
- CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST E-SAFETY GAMES FROM THINKUKNOW.
- Click here for more fun activities,from the UK Internet Centre.
- Click here to go to our E-Safety webpage for more tips on how to stay safe electronically.
- Click here (to save scrolling down) to continue your lessons on programing hardware with Mr Bit.
- Parents click here for Mr Bit's program, it is now FREE.
- Click here to take you to the video on how to access SCRATCH ONLINE.
- Parents/Carers to download SCRATCH 3.0, so your child can work offline, CLICK HERE NB
- Click here to make a Space Invader/Egyptian Game
- Click here to save scrolling down to make a Solar System Game
- Click here to learn how to make a fun educational game in SCRATCH
PLENTY TO DO ON MR BIT, PLENTY OF EXERCISES, PLENTY OF FUN. . .
Dr Rodgers, who designed 'Mr Bit', has now provided the program as a FREE DOWNLOAD for all PC and
Watch this video to show you how to either download SCRATCH 3.0, or to create a document online, then save it to your device.
SPACE/EGYPTIAN INVADER GAME
- CLICK HERE TO GET THE PDF LESSONS 1-4
- IF YOU CAN NOT OPEN THE ABOVE LINK CLICK HERE TO OPEN IN MS PUBLISHER.
- One child adapted this game by making his own Covid19 red sprite and replacing the cannon sprite with a hand sanitizer bottle, it is great. When he has finished, I will upload his video.
- Please do not duplicate your beetle sprite until you have seen the challenges.
WATCH MY WAGOLL - REMEMBER THIS HAS ADDITIONAL CHALLENGES YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO, LIKE A STARTER AND WINNER SCREEN.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO BELOW, TO WATCH LESSON ONE, PAGES 1-2.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO BELOW, TO LEARN HOW TO DO LESSON ONE, PAGES 3 AND 4.
Video for Lesson 2
Making and Coding a Laser for your game (video to be follow)
Look below and learn how to make a fun, Solar System in SCRATCH, there are videos to show you how to do lesson 1 and 2.
SOLAR SYSTEM GAME
CLICK ON THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE HOW TO COMPLETE LESSON 1.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE MY FINISHED SOLAR SYSTEM IN SCRATCH
A video on how to complete Lesson 2, with challenges will follow tomorrow 3.3.21
LOOK BELOW FOR SOME FABULOUS COMPUTING ACTIVITIES, SCROLL DOWN THERE ARE LOTS . . .
Hand Jive Files:
Going Wild Files:
MORE COMING SOON!
. . .