YEAR 6 COMPUTING . . . LET'S HAVE FUN!
Hello Year 6, I hope you are well and staying safe. I am missing you all!
CLICK HERE and learn how to stay safe electronically, there are some fun videos.
I have made some worksheets for you to make your own educational game in Scratch, you can adapt the game any way you want (e.g. by using your own questions). I hope you enjoy making it!
If you feel confident, why don't you have a go at designing your own game - this way you will learn much more and your debugging skills will be excellent.
If you have any problems, contact me through either Mr Pallett or Mrs Storey. Have fun!
- You can either download SCRATCH onto your computer, or you can create it online - but in order to save it online, please ask your parent/carer to set up a SCRATCH account for you. ALL OF MY WORKSHEETS ARE FOR SCRATCH 3.0. IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD THIS, SO YOU CAN WORK OFFLINE - ASK YOU PARENT TO CLICK HERE.
- I hope you can follow my instruction sheets easily. There are some challenges too (LISTED BELOW). However, you could also animate your sprite, by switching costumes.
- Please feel free to make your own sprite in Publisher or PowerPoint. Remember to group your objects, save as a picture and a j-peg. Adapt the game how you want.
- If this is too difficult for you, then just go onto Scratch and do one of their suggested activities. But have a go first. I can't wait to see it when we return to school. This activity will keep you really busy - it's not a quick activity.
- CLICK HERE TO GET THE PDF OF ALL THE WORKSHEETS, SO YOU CAN PRINT THEM OFF. OR JUST SCROLL DOWN AND LOOK AT THEM BELOW.
- IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY OPENING THE PDF CONTACT ME THROUGH YOUR TEACHER AND I WILL SAVE THEM AS PHOTOGRAPHS.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN SPRITE IN PUBLISHER/POWERPOINT.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO SAVE YOUR SPRITE AS A J-PEG.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE INTO SCRATCH.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO FORMAT YOUR SPRITE IN SCRATCH.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO CREATE COSTUMES FOR YOUR SPRITE IN M.S PUBISHER.
CLICK ON THE SHORT VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR COSTUMES INTO SCRATCH.
CLICK ON THE SHORT VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW TO LEARN HOW TO ANIMATE YOU COSTUMES IN SCRATCH.
If you want to have fun whilst learning, click on the 'Barefoot' activities below:
Download 'Pizza Party' Files
Download 'Dance' Files
Download 'Going Wild' Files
Download 'Hand Jive' Files
Barefoot have also created some fantastic online games for children to explore.
These fun activities are designed for children to develop their skills in computerised thinking.
JUST CLICK ON THE 'CLICK & PLAY' BUTTON TO PLAY THE GAMES.
FOR LATEST BAREFOOT UPDATES GO TO: https://www.barefootcomputing.org/homelearning